Pre Purchase & Pre Auction Inspections
Homecheck Services provides pre purchase (or pre auction) home inspections and appraisals conforming to Australian Standards for house and building inspections. Over 40 years experience ensures that you will be completely satisfied with the quality of both the home inspection and the final written report.
Homecheck Services home inspection reports conform to AS 4349.1 - 2007 for house and building inspections. To ensure comprehensive home appraisals and consistent results Homecheck uses a proprietary home inspection checklist and appraisal report format.
What does your home inspection include?
A Homecheck Services building inspection includes all of the following:
- Structural integrity of the principal home including any attached structures such as garages and sheds.
- Water entry, salt damp penetration and water related damage to the home, particularly around wet areas.
- Condition of the buildings visible plumbing and drainage.
- Condition of the buildings visible electrical wiring.
- General condition of the house plaster, render, paint, brickwork and mortar joints.
- Overall condition of doors and windows.
- Overall condition of plumbing fittings and fixtures.
- Overall condition of the hot water unit.
- House gutters, downpipes and roofing materials.
- Building insulation and check for presence of asbestos components in the home.
- Condition of retaining walls.
- General size and proximity of trees and shrubs that are with close proximity to the home.
- Method of storm water disposal and site drainage generally.
- Whilst we will endeavor to provide you with as much information as possible regarding Pest Activity, please note we do not conduct a Termite Inspection to the Australian Standard 4349.3. This requires a separate through inspection by a fully licensed Technician. If you require the services of a reliable and reputable Pest Inspector, please do not hesitate to call or email us. (Homecheck Services considers it prudent home ownership to have annual pest inspections conducted by licensed and experienced contractors.)
- The building inspection does not include inspections of swimming pools and spas.
- Pre Purchase Building Inspections must be visual inspections only and as such, we must be respectful of the Vendors property.
Homecheck will provide a comprehensive written report detailing any specific problems the home may have and giving you a clear overall picture of the house and property. The report will be delivered the same evening as the inspection by e-mail with a hard copy by postal mail following soon after.
Homecheck Services over 40 years experience ensures that you will be completely satisfied with the quality of both the home inspection and the final written report. Prompt and courteous service and attention to detail are our philosophy. Please contact us at the numbers above or via the online contact form for a no obligation free consultation.
Thanks for your time and valuable advice the other day, it was very much appreciated. I will follow up the contacts you gave me.